Uniform and sports clothing
In order to ensure uniformity throughout the school, certain items of clothing and sports kit are only available from our suppliers. Our uniform and basic compulsory sports kit is supplied by Early Years in Solihull and A. Oakes in Oldbury. Our hockey kit and additional sportswear, including compulsory tracksuit or training top and trousers, is supplied by Akuma Sports. Please click on the links to find out about how to order clothing.
Compulsory items available only from our uniform suppliers (Early Years and A. Oakes)
These items are compulsory and only available from our suppliers Early Years in Solihull and A Oakes in Oldbury:
- Blazer (with KES badge)
- KES tie
- PE shirt
- PE shorts
- Rugby shirt
- Rugby shorts
- Rugby socks
- Swimming trunks or swim jammers
Additional items available only from our sportswear suppliers (including compulsory tracksuit or training top and trousers)
These items are available from our suppliers Akuma Sports:
- School hockey kit (required for boys choosing hockey in the Upper Middles or above)
- Drill tops
- Elite training trousers
- Kit bags (initialled)
- Base layers
- Beanie hats.
They must only be bought from Akuma Sports - boys may not wear their own sports clothing in school.
Compulsory items available from any supplier
All the items below are essential, and many can be bought from our suppliers, but they can also be bought from other shops.
- Shirt: plain white or blue. The vast majority of boys wear white shirts.
- Trousers: charcoal grey, school-style trousers.
- Pullover: there is a school v-neck pullover with a badge. However, any plain v-neck navy pullover is acceptable.
- Shoes: black leather, not suede, not trainers, not boots.
- Socks: plain dark socks.
- Coat: any suitable coat.
- Rugby/football boots in the two winter terms (must be fitted with removable safety studs - not plastic moulded)
- A pair of white trainers and white sports socks for gym
The total cost of the uniform should be approximately £300.
The school will provide lab coats.
Naming of clothes
It is vital that all items of clothing should be clearly marked with the owner's name. Akuma kit bags must be initialled by the company.
Every new pupil will be provided with a calculator. Since every boy in the Shells will have such a calculator, it is vital that your son puts his name on it clearly and indelibly. If your son loses his calculator, he can purchase a replacement from the Maths Department.
Your son will need a padlock with two keys so that he can lock his locker. At the beginning of term he should put a spare key in an envelope with his name on it and give it to his Form Tutor so that we don't have to resort to bolt-cutters.