Shakespeare Birthplace Trust CPD
We are delighted that the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust will be running their workshop for primary school teachers at King Edward's School. The worshop will run Monday 5th February 2018. It will start at 9.30am and finish at 12.30pm. The cost is £30 per delegate.
This course is for all Primary school teachers whether they have a good understanding of Shakespeare or have simply watched Shakespeare in Love! All teachers will leave with increased confidence, a toolkit of free resources and inspirational ideas, ready to bring Shakespeare to life in the classroom, just in time for Shakespeare Week 12-18 March 2018.
We will help you to discover the best ways to engage and inspire children through a hands-on approach you will:
- Explore Shakespeare through a range of cross-curricular activities
- Gain an understanding of the importance of genuine historical and archival research and evidence
- Link learning about Shakespeare to the National Curriculum
- Discover how to devise whole-school Shakespeare themes
- Look at Shakespeare's plays in the context of the time inwhich they were written
- Learn how to embed Shakespeare Week into your school's curriculum
- Prove to your pupils how Shakespeare is as relevant today as he was 400 years ago
To register for this event please fill in our form.