Cycle Tour of Denmark, summer 2009
Detailed information pack with kit list, itinerary etc (Word format)
Interactive map of the tour. The easiest way to get started is to drag the map until the little centre cross-hair is at the start of the route at Esjberg, then use the control on the left to zoom in. The control on the right will change from road view to satellite view.
An interactive map of the Legoland theme park
List of who is each each room in the accommodation:
Forms to send back to us:
- Collective passport questionnaire for boys born in the UK
- Collective passport questionnaire for boys who are UK citizens but born outside the UK
- VISA waiver questionnaire for boys who are not UK citizens
- Consent form for pupils, including insurance details (a pre-printed version of this will be distributed along with the information pack)
- Order form for polo shirt, shorts, lights, crocks.
Some stretches which boys and parents are recommended to practice at home in advance and use on riding days.
Some exercises which boys and parents are recommended to do at home each day in June, July and August before we travel.
Introductory letter inviting pupils and parents to take part
- Practice rides, Autumn 2008 – Click here to read the letter about the rides
- Practice Ride, Sun 28 September: Meet at Highgate Country Park 11:30am, Finish 2pm. Click here for a map to Highgate Country Park
- Practice Ride, Sat 11 October: Meet at Shustoke Reservoir 11:30am, Finish 2pm. Click here for a map to Shustoke
- Sun 3 May: Practice Ride - compulsory for all boys who have not taken part in a KES Cycle Tour before. See information pack for details. Meet Barnt Green Rail Station car park 10am, finish 4pm.
Briefing Meeting Weds 7 January, 6pm-9pm. For all boys taking part (a parent must also attend, regardless of whether parents are taking part in the tour itself). This is an essential meeting when information and payment will be collected from you and equipment will be issued. Please make certain you have the date in your diary. Kit issue is from 6pm; the briefing itself is from 7pm. Parents can delay their arrival until 6:30 or 6:45 if their sons are remaining at school.
Look at the photo album from the 2008 tour in the Low Countries.
Information for parents taking part:
- Introductory letter to parents
- Adult insurance questionnaire
- Sun 25 January: Training and briefing event for parents taking part in the tour. 10am-4pm, KES CCF Building.
- First aid / incident management
- The role of adults on tour
- Our detailed booklet on how to run tours
Information for boys wishing to cycle independently: