Low Countries Cycle Tour
This page will be updated from time to time as documents are published, so if documents are listed here but don't have links, come back later to see them.
Information for the summer tour
A printed copy of the route notes and a 1 page map of the tour will be provided for everyone. All adults and all independent boys will also receive a printed copy of the one page per day version of the maps for the tour.
Some stretches which boys and parents are recommended to practice at home in advance and use on riding days.
Some exercises which boys and parents are recommended to do at home each day in June, July and August before we travel.
Printable daily maps - 1 day per page (6MB pdf)
Printable maps - 2 pages per day (9MB) - this is for people who prefer more detailed mapping
If you want to upload this to software or a GPS system of your own:
Download some instructions on how to configure your mapping app and download maps to it.
GPX file containing all the routes for the tour for use on Garmin GPS units
GPX file for use on iPhones or Android phones (you also need to install a suitable app and download maps)
Practice rides 18 Sept and 9 Oct - clothing list, timing and how to get there
Practice ride Sunday 1 July - more information here
The practice rides are compulsory for all boys who have not toured with us before.
We recommend that boys and parents go out regularly for rides, to improve their confidence on their bikes and their fitness. Maps of our three routes can be downloaded here, or you can devise your own. These three routes are each 15 miles long (though you could easily shorten them if you wish) and are on quiet country roads.
- Shustoke, near Sutton Coldfield
- Highgate Country Park, near Wolverhampton and Dudley
- Barnt Green, near Redditch
- You can also download a map of our 30 mile route from Barnt Green
Introductory letter inviting pupils and parents to take part
Forms to send back to us:
- Collective passport questionnaire for boys born in the UK
- Collective passport questionnaire for boys who are UK citizens but born outside the UK
- VISA waiver questionnaire for boys who are not UK citizens
- Consent form for pupils, including insurance details (a pre-printed version of this will be distributed along with the information pack. It is easiest to use that version.)
- Order form for polo shirt, shorts, lights, crocks.
Look at the photo albums from previous cycle tours.
Information for parents taking part:
- Introductory letter for parents interested in taking part
- Adult questionnaire
- First aid / incident management
- The role of adults on tour
- Our detailed booklet on how to run tours
Information for boys wishing to cycle independently:
- First aid notes for independent boys